My New Classes
“SUBLIME WATERCOLOR: PAINTING WITH JOY!”
Start October 15 and 16!
i, Painters! I’m pleased as punch to be offering two new watercolor classes called “SUBLIME WATERCOLOR: PAINTING WITH JOY!”
If you were in one of my classes last spring, you’ll recall that query I sent out asking about what you would like from your watercolor painting classes. You were super-generous in sharing your ideas—for that, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Among the many great suggestions, two things stood out:
1) more time flexibility—quite a few people said terms of eight to ten weeks are too long and too difficult to fit into their schedules, and
2) a slightly longer class period, because for many, class time is their only opportunity to paint. So this fall we are trying something new: a five-week workshop, three hours per week.
You don’t need worry about whether you qualify. My classes are open to all.
My teaching experience has also been a learning one. One of the best insights? Beginners don’t remain beginners very long! That discovery has led me to adopt a “let’s get in the water and SWIM” approach—that is to say, we start on Day One with a few basic techniques, practice them for a little while, and then try to make a PAINTING! So far it has worked really well! And with three whole hours per class, there is time for that, and for much more!
So whether you:
- haven’t painted in watercolor EVER, or at least not since you were in grade school
- think “watercolor is too hard”
- have painted in other media and want to give watercolor a shot
- you have some—or even a lot—of experience …
come join us!
We are going to have A LOT OF FUN!
The classes are offered, as usual, by Mountain View/Los Altos Adult Education, and by Los Altos Recreation and Community Services.
Below are the links to the catalogs and to the registration page.
MOUNTAIN VIEW/LOS ALTOS ADULT ED
Tuesdays, October 15–November 19, 4:30–7:30pm
- CATALOG (.pdf)
Class details on catalog page 22 (not the .pdf file page).
LOS ALTOS RECREATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
Wednesdays, October 16–November 20, 6–9pm
Class is described on page 5.
To register, scroll down the page past the Activity Guide. There you will find several ways to register. Also you can simply call 650-947-2790 and let the Rec folks help you.